Are you clueless about what type of blouse to wear with black saree? You bought a black saree online or from the shop or already have a black saree in the closet but is completely confused about what type of blouse to pair with your black saree then this blog post is going to solve your problem. Black is a colour which is the outcome of absorption of all colours. Black means many different things to different people; a colour of sadness to some and a way to express sensuality to others.
Options for Black Sarees:
When black is in the form of saree the options for its blouse is limitless. Yes, I said limitless. Black is the perfect colour for any colour. Black sarees pair well with anything your heart can dare to imagine. Even then you are scared to experiment and that is where I come in to provide expert help. I want you to express your true self when you wear your black saree. I will show you in this blog how you can wear different types of blouse with black sarees. Depending on what outcome you desire, you can choose from the various types of blouses that I will share with you below.
Black Blouse to Wear with Black Saree
Oh yes, black can be best friends with any other colour in the colour spectrum. However, sometimes the best option is to be friends with yourself; i.e. black blouse to wear with black saree. If you intend to wear a black saree at an evening party and want to achieve a sultry or even sophisticated look then black blouse with black saree is a pair made in heaven. Black is not only a colour of mourning. It is a colour through which emotions can be drawn. Wear your black saree with confidence with a black blouse.
So what type of black blouse to wear with black saree:
- mix things up a bit by wearing a black blouse of a different fabric than the saree itself.
- wear a black blouse with black embroidery
- pair a black blouse which has sequin embellishments
- a lace black blouse is sexy and sensuous
- sleeveless minimalistic black blouse looks great with plain black sarees
- sleeveless black blouses also look amazing with heavily embellished sarees
- wear full sleeve black blouse to achieve retro sophisticated look as did actress Kajol in the photograph below
- Kareena Kapoor is wearing a simple cotton black blouse with cotton black saree with gold zari border
- Black halter blouse looks great on ladies with lean shoulders and shapely arms.
Gold Blouse to Wear with Black Saree
Black and gold is a royal combination. The darkness of the black contrasted against a gold dazzling blouse is perfect for evening events and formal celebrations. Do some smokey eyes and don on red lipstick and you will be the talk of the evening. Therefore, the types of gold blouse to wear with black saree are:
- Gold coloured satin blouse looks great with chiffon and net sarees.
- Golden tissue fabric blouse goes well will embellished black sarees. Don’t forget to match the shade of gold with the design on the saree itself.
- Embroidered gold blouse goes well with plain transparent black sarees
- black and gold blouse also go well with black saree.
Mirror Blouse to Wear with Black Saree
Mirror work saree blouse designs have made a hit in the fashion industry. They are an all purpose blouse and you can wear them with many sarees. Especially if the mirror work is in neutral colours then they can be worn with different sarees. You can wear mirror work blouses with one tone transparent sarees like chiffons and nets. Mirror work sari blouses also look great when paired with shaded sarees. They are a must have blouse in any girl’s closet. So if you are wondering how mirror work blouses look with black sarees then wait no more. Therefore, I am sharing below photographs of mirror blouses.
Floral Blouse to Wear with Black Saree
In the dilemma of what type of Blouse to Wear with Black Saree, my favourite answer can be found in a gardem. To bring down the severity of black by a notch floral blouses are the perfect partner. Long gone are the days of stitching blouses with the 1 yard fabric provided with the saree. I urge my readers to experiment with colours and patterns and prints and think beyond matchy matchy. Floral prints can be found in abundance at the market place or even online. Get yourself a floral printed or floral embroidered blouse to wear with your otherwise serious black saree.
So what type of floral blouses to wear with black saree:
- Got a plain chiffon black saree? Brighten it up with a black based blouse with bright medium sized floral prints
- Oh so you want to jazz it up a bit and think floral prints aren’t enough? Well go for floral embroidery with thread or embroidery with beads and sequins
- How to fashion your boring silk black saree with gold border? Think bright, bright, bright! Wear a bright yellow blouse with brighter floral prints and see how boring the overall look turns out to be.
- You can make your plain chiffon black saree even prettier by getting floral printed border and a blouse of the same print. Also this cold shoulder blouse is in this year so do yourself a big favour and get one in your closet.
- Indian model, Arpita Mehta looks great in a jet Black saree with thin border embellished with floral embroidery and matching all over floral embroidered full sleeved blouse.
Brocade Blouse to Wear with Black Saree
Thank the person who invented brocades. Brocades come in various colours and designs and patterns. There is at least one brocade design out there to suit any girl’s taste. Therefore, sharing below tips on wearing brocade blouse with black saree.
- Gold and black brocade is a classic combination. Wear it with any silk or katan banarasi saree if you want to keep intact the ethnic traditional look.
- with transparent sarees like chiffon saree and net sarees or tissue sarees wear a bright coloured brocade. To make things interesting make the brocade blouse long in length to show off more colours.
- Wear bright red brocade blouse with traditional silk sarees to look traditionally beautiful.
Sequin Blouse to Wear with Black Saree
What type of blouse to wear with black sarees to fancy parties? Well I have reserved sequin decorated blouses just for fancy parties and wedding parties. Go overboard with sequin designs on blouse for these occasions. How to wear sequin blouse with black sarees:
- Matching sequin colour with saree border and design is a good idea. Make an all over sequin embellished blouse to take your look to the next level.
- Contrasting fabric colour for the blouse is a great idea. Wearing deep coloured contrasting blouse with sequin all over work is the thing to wear to big parties.
- To look sulty and sexy without overdoing the sparkly sequins, go for an all over black sequin blouse with a plain transparent black saree
Printed Blouse to Wear with Black Saree
But what type of blouse to wear with black sarees if you are a girl who likes quirky fashion or wants something different? Well prints does not only refer to floral prints as discussed a few paragraphs above. Prints can be quirky to cater to that need. When needed prints can be feminine and likewise severe if required. Prints are another world of choice entirely. Sharing below some ways to wear prints with black saree:
- Mini Mathur took hip to a new level by donning a striped crop top t shirt with her black saree. The belt added that last nail to a perfect hipster saree lady.
- Stripes look great with black saree. Stripe printed blouse is very modern and cool.
- Alphabet prints on saree blouse look cool with black sarees.
- However, for girly looks, polka dots are a must have.
Multicolour Blouse to Wear with Black Saree
Women love multi coloured saree blouses but find it difficult to pair with a saree without appearing too gaudy. pairing multicoloured blouse, whether it be print or embroidery or bead embellished, with black saree is a safe yet fun to wear option.
- Even, Indian Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit wore a multicoloured extravagant blouse with a black saree.
- Aztec patterned embroidered crop top also is a funky blouse that can be worn with black sarees.
- And for the girl who really likes a little loud look, draping a colourful jacket on top of a black saree is the way to go.
As already mentioned above in this blog post, black sarees are so versatile that there are no limits to the prospects of blouses. Although, I have given many options to choose from, this is not an exhaustive list of blouse ideas. Additionally, lace blouses are another option which I didn’t get to mention here. However, if you are interested to learn more about what type of blouse to wear with black saree do check out an older blog post on a similar topic here.
Therefore, please don’t forget to Like & Share on Facebook